Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Voices from Technology

Today, I'm going through a few dozen old CDs. Games, utilities, productivity, demos. I think I'm going to give the ones I don't want to a friend that helps out kids. It's abotu half of what I have, and I think I need a larger box, maybe two of them. Lots of software from my Windows 95 days with my first "real" computer. That little gem came from Gateway in 1996. It ran Windows 95, had an Intel Pentium 133 megahertz processor, a whopping 16MBs of Randon Access Memory and we spent the 100 dollars to upgrade from a 2 gigabyte hard drive to a 3GB HD. It was a great machine in it's day and ran many programs that kept me entertained for hours on end.

In 1999, it's mother board broke and I was without a computer for nearly two months. I bought a barebones machines from a computer fair. That machine still runs to this day. It is an AMD K6-3/400 overclocked to 450mhz. It also runs Windows 98SE and is on my wireless network.

Anyway, I cut the pile of CDs down to a manageable size and now will try to use some of the ones I kept.

Anyone need a copy of Money 2000?

No comments:

Post a Comment