Sunday, July 19, 2009

Voices from Tech

Saw an article about the prospective Apple tablet PC. I kinda thought that would be coming along shortly after seeing the iPhone in action. Once people see how useful a touchscreen is for drawing and imagine editing, it's a huge boon to graphic artists. Even for my doodling, I love my Gateway CX210X for for the InkArt program. That allows you to draw with pencil, pen, chalk, paint and even use a pallet brush to smear paint and chalk like real. And with something like Photoshop or Gimp, the possibilities are endless.

Saw the article at Gizmodo, and they posted a price of 800 USD. That would be an excellent price, 200 less expensive than a Macbook even.

The iPhone always seemed like a technology testbed for the touch tech. Having a tablet would be a logical extension (and return on that investment) of that technology. Now, imagine having an iPhone in there too, or at least some heavy duty wireless capabilities.

It's almost an appealing idea even to me, and I'm not really an Apple fan, or a cell phone fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment