Friday, July 24, 2009

My Quilts - Grand Tour

I think there's a few pictures of my own quilts ont his comptuer somewhere, and I might even be able to find them.

This is the top for Grand Tour. Six inch nine patch with 2 inch sashing. It just needs to be bound now.


Here Grand Tour is some embellishments and hand quilting. I used buttons as stars and there's even some glow in the dark thread on it.


This is the (mostly) center block with The Explorer. He is surrounded in glow in the dark thread, which is really hard to quilt with because it kept sliding right through no matter how much I quilted. I finally wrapped it around some other thread and got it to stay that way.


The quilt is named "Grand Tour" after a proposed NASA mission that would send one spacecraft to each planet in the solar system in turn, starting with Mercury and ending with Uranus. I think the mission would have taken less time than it's taking to get this finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment