Saturday, April 17, 2021

Phone Message

 click 


Hi, this is Todd. 


You know, we used to have this way-cool message on the machine. It was really funny and people would call just to listen to to it and then hang up, but it was cool. 


But nobody knew that you could press 7 to bypass the message and pretty soon everyone was complaining that they were sick of it and it was just too long and they'd hang up without even saying who it was and that's not cool. 


So I finally decided to get rid of it and do something, you know, a little shorter and more to the point, so I hit the button and did the usual thing: 


Hello, this is Todd and Brad's place. We can't come to the phone right now, so leave a message and we'll get bacak to you as soon as we can. Thanks! 


But after listening to it a couple times I realized it was kinda verbose and definitely boring, so I tried again: 


Brad and Todd aren't around so leave a message. 


Now that still seemed too long, so I asked Brad for help and he said, ``Well, why don'cha just say `Leave a message' and leave it at that?'' But I said ``No way dude, that just ain't friendly enough. I mean, we should at least say `hi'!'' Then suddenly it came to me: the perfect message! 


So for all you guys who bitched that our last message was too long, here's our new one: 


Hi!




beeeep 

No comments:

Post a Comment